Makes approx. 15
- 112g/4oz unsalted butter, softened
- 70g/ 2 1/2oz caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 140g/5oz plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 75g/ 2 2/2oz dried cranberries
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolk and zest.
- Sift the flour and salt in to the mixture and stir until beginning to come together.
- Add the cranberries and continue to mix until just combined.
- Lightly knead the dough to bring it together, wrap it in cling film and chill for 30 - 60 mins.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F/gas mark 5 and line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Unwrap the dough and roll out on a lightly floured surface until about 5mm thick.
- Cut out rounds with a 6cm cookie cutter and place on the prepared baking sheet, allowing space for them to spread.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.