Here's how they turned out (excuse the bad icing skills!)
Here's how to make them:
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 4.
- Take 10 oz. Stork, and 10 oz. caster sugar and cream together until pale.
- In a separate bowl beat 5 eggs and add gradually to the mix, beating as you go.
- Sieve in 10 oz. self raising flour gradually, and fold in until combined.
- Separate the mixture into thirds. In one bowl, add just over half a tsp of vanilla essence and baking powder, and fold in.
- In another bowl, add just over half a tsp of strawberry flavouring, baking powder, and a few drops of red food colouring. Fold in.
- In the final bowl fold in just under 1 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Take your muffin tin, fill it with muffin cases, and spoon in some of each flavour cake mix into each case. I went a bit over the top with how much cake mix I put in each, but it's up to you how much you use of each colour, etc.
- Pop in the oven for 20-25 mins.
They should look something like this:
For the decoration:
- Cream together 1 tbsp milk and 8 oz. Stork.
- Gradually sieve in and cream 12 oz. icing sugar. Do this gradually or you may find yourself covered in icing sugar (or at least I do anyway...).
- Separate about a third of this, add about a quarter of a tsp of strawberry flavouring and a couple of drops of red colouring, and mix well. Swirl this pink icing into the rest of the icing (but not so much that it's all just pale pink).
- Put in a piping bag, and swirl onto the top of the cakes, crumbling a flake on the top.